Denver Station 13
Station 13 – Kennedy
(District 3) Fire Station 13 is located at 3683 S. Yosemite St.
(E116) 2021 Pierce Velocity (35304-02) 1500 GPM pump, 500 gallon water tank and 30 gallon foam cell. Twin to Engine 10.
Station 13 Historical Photos
In 1891 Station 13 began as the all-volunteer Vaughn Hose Company that protected the Town of South Denver at 600 S. Broadway. The original fire station was demolished in 1895 due to complaints about it’s the shabby appearance by the neighbors, the lot was reborn as Platte Park. In 1892 a much nicer brick and stone station was built, and currently still stands on the southeast corner of Broadway & Center. This station was dubbed the Russell Hose House and was marked with S.D.F.D. for the South Denver Fire Department. In 1894 the City of Denver annexed the area and took over fire protection with Engine 13.
Fire Station 13 on Broadway, the station remained in service until 1978.
Shown here in the 1950’s.
Shown here in 2021.
ENGINE No. 13
1949 Seagrave, in service into the early 1970s.
Fire Station 13 shown here in 1974 at the current location on Yosemite St.
1972 American LaFrance 1250 GPM pump and 500 gallon water tank.
RESERVE ENGINE 13
1974 Ward LaFrance 1250 GPM pump and 500 gallon water tank.
(E26) 1994 Pierce Saber (E8489-02) 1250 GPM pump and 500 gallon water tank, also ran as Engine 13.
Shown here with the newer graphics and logo.
(E86) 2010 Pierce Velocity (23189) 1500 GPM pump, 500 gallon water tank with foam. Moved to Reserve Status