Denver Station 14

Station 14 – Montclair

Charles Broshous Photo ©

(District 5) Fire Station 14 is located at 1426 N. Oneida St. and opened in 1937. Station 3 is the 3rd oldest operating fire station in the Denver Fire Department. 

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

Charles Broshous Photo ©

ENGINE 14

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(E93) 2012 Pierce Velocity (25828-02) 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump (Waterous).

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Station 14 Historical Photos

Station 14

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Fire Station 14’s history dates back to 1890 when the Town of Montclair operated a volunteer fire department. A hose wagon was housed in a small shed behind the Montclair School, located at 1424 Oneida and pictured above. In 1891 the new Stanley School opened which allowed the building above to be used a combination station, church, community meeting hall and jail. Montclair was annexed by the City of Denver in 1902 and in 1904 a paid fireman and two horses staffed the station.

Station 14

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Station 14 located at 1424 Oneida with Engine No. 14 running a 1926 combination Kelly pumper.

Station 14

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

The current Station 14 opened on June 30, 1937 next door to the previous fire station. It was designed by C. Francis Pillsbury to resemble a Tudor home and better fit in with the prestigious homes of the neighborhood. It was built for a total cost of $22,782 nearly half of that cost was covered by a PWA Grant from the U.S. Government, shown here with Engine No. 14, a 1937 Seagrave pumper.

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Shown here with Engine No. 14 (Quad 14).

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Duane Troxel Photo ©

Shown here in 1974.

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

Shown here with the older bay doors.

ENGINE No. 14

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

1937 Seagrave.

Scott Matson Photo

ENGINE No. 14 (QUAD 14)

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Quad 14 was organized at Station 14 in 1940, the rig originally was at Station 9 before moving.

ENGINE No. 14

Duane Troxel Photo ©

1960 Seagrave 300 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump.

Duane Troxel Photo ©

Shown here in 1974.

TRUCK 14

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

1955 Seagrave 85′ mid-mount aerial ladder, former Truck No. 8 and a Reserve Truck at Station 26 in 1972.

ENGINE 14

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

1964 Mack C95 (F-1305) 300 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump.

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

ENGINE 14

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

(E-39) 1969 American LaFrance 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

ENGINE 14

Rick Davis Photo ©

(E-54) 1977 Seagrave (PB-24068 / H-73704) 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump, also ran as Pumper 14.

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Shown here with the updated red stripe and graphics.

Rick Davis Photo ©

ENGINE 14

Michael Block Photo ©

1988 Pierce Saber 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump with 20 gallons of foam.

Rick Davis Photo ©

Shown here with the updated graphics.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Other Logos