Denver Station 20

Station 20 – Barnum

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(District 6) Fire Station 20 is located at 501 Knox Ct. and opened in 1980.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 20

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2008 Pierce Velocity 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Station 20 Historical Photos

Station 20

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

The original Station 20 was located at the old Barnum Town Hall Building at 560 Knox Court. The second floor was condemned in the early 1900’s and subsequently the second floor was demolished. The first floor was remodeled as the Barnum Fire Station, the basement was occupied by the jail and Hose Co. 20 was organized on March 24, 1912. Hose Co. 20 was replaced by a motorized Engine Co. in 1927. On July 21, 1930 after the City of Denver annexed the area a new station was built at 501 Knox Court.

Duane Troxel Photo ©

Fire Station 20 shown here in 1974.

ENGINE No. 20

Duane Troxel Photo ©

1972 American LaFrance 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.

Station 20 

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Fire Station 20 located at 501 Knox Court and opened on January 21, 1980.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

shown here in 2004 with the white bay doors.

ENGINE 20

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Engine 20 (E-53) 1977 Seagrave (PB-24068 / H-73702) 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

ENGINE 20

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Engine 20 (E-65) 1984 Seagrave (HB-40DC / R-79405) 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.

Rick Davis Photo ©

ENGINE 20

Rick Davis Photo ©

1972 American LaFrance 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.

ENGINE 20

Rick Luebke Photo ©

1999 HME (1871-SFO) / Central States 450 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump with 45 gallons of foam.