Denver Station 24

Station 24 – University Hills

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(District 3) Fire Station 24 is located at 2695 S, Colorado Blvd. and built in 1952. At the time there was only one small neighborhood to the west and the company only ran 13 calls it’s first year. In August of 2008, Denver took over the services for the all-volunteer Skyline Fire Department and Station 24 covers their former area.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

DISTRICT CHIEF 3

Keith Kahler Photo ©

Ford Expedition 4×4. District Chief 3 covers Station 5, 13, 16, 21, 22 and 24.

Keith Kahler Photo ©

ENGINE 24

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2013 Pierce Velocity 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Station 24 Historical Photos

Station 24

Duane Troxel Photo ©

Fire Station 24 shown here in 1974.

Station 24

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Fire Station 24 shown here in 2004 with the white bay doors.

CIVIL DEFENSE RESCUE

Duane Troxel Photo ©

1952 REO / Boyertown, also was located at Station 11, shown here with the new light bar.

ENGINE 24

Duane Troxel Photo ©

1964 Mack C 300 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump.

ENGINE 24

Bart Richards Photo ©

1972 American LaFrance 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

ENGINE 24

Jeremiah Herderich Photo ©

1980 Seagrave 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.

ENGINE 24

Michael Block Photo ©

Shown here with the newer graphics and logo, and shown after the refurbished in 1984.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 24

Charles Broshous Photo ©

1999 HME (1871-SFO) / Central States 450 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump with 45 gallons of foam.

Charles Broshous Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

DISTRICT CHIEF 3

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2008 Ford Expedition 4×4.

Rick Luebke Photo ©