Denver Station 29

Station 29 – Green Valley Ranch

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(District 5) Fire Station 29 is located at 4800 N. Himalaya St. and built in 1986.

ENGINE 29

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2013 Pierce Velocity 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Station 29 Historical Photos

Station 29

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Fire Station 29 entered service on December 1, 1983 in a temporary station located at 18700 E. 45th Ave. A 3 person crew operated Engine 29 which was a 1964 Mack C with a 300 gallon water tank & 1000 gpm pump (former Engine 21). Construction on the permanent station began in the spring of 1985 when a fourth firefighter was added to the company. On January 6, 1986 the company moved to the new quarters at 4800 Himalaya Street. In 1991 Brush Truck 29 entered service with a Ford F-250 that carried 350 gallons of water. It was the first and only brush truck at the DFD and taken out of service just months later after the lease on the vehicle expired. In 1992 Engine 31 organized at Station 29 during the construction at Denver International Airport; it became Engine 32 and moved to DIA in 1995. Truck 29 was organized in 2002 and moved to the new Station 2 in October of 2004.

Station 29

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Fire Station 29 shown here in 2006.

ENGINE 29

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Engine 29 (E-36) 1966 Mack (C95F-1529) 300 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump, former Engine 21.

ENGINE 29

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Engine 29 (E-22) 1993 Pierce Arrow 4×4 750 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump with 40 gallons of foam, also ran as Pumper 29.

Rick Davis Photo ©

Photo ©

Shown here with the updated graphics.

TRUCK 29

Rick Luebke Photo ©

1998 Spartan / Smeal 75′ rear-mount aerial ladder 300 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.