Gypsum Station 14
Station 14 – Gypsum
Fire Station 14 is located at 511 2nd St in Downtown Gypsum.
2020 Spartan MetroStar (519038-01) S-180 Pumper with a 1,500 GPM pump, 750-gallon water tank and a 30-gallon foam cell.
(1431) 1999 Freightliner FL80 / Smeal with a 75′ rear-mount aerial, 1,750 GPM pump, and 500-gallon water tank.
2020 International HV507 4×4 / BME (3335) Model 34 Type III with a 500 GPM pump, Darley 1.5 AGE Auxiliary pump, 500-gallon water tank, and a 20-gallon foam cell (FoamPro).
(No Picture At This Time)
2022 Freightliner M2-106 / Alexis Fire (2369) Tactical Tender with a 1,250 GPM (Hale DSD125) pump and a 2,000 gallon water tank.
Purchased by the Colorado River Ranch for Gypsum FPD.
Station 14 Historical Photos
Fire Station 1 shown here at the current location on 2nd St.
ENGINE No. 1
“Ol ’29” 1929 American LaFrance, this was the first Gypsum motorized fire apparatus, former Minturn Fire. Purchased in 1941 from the Koonce Chevrolet Company for $200 after the town of Minturn Fire Department traded it in. 1982 was the last fire this rig was on before being retired and is currently running as a parade engine.
(Rescue Engine) 2007 American LaFrance Eagle with a 1,250 GPM pump, 750-gallon water tank, 20-gallon foam cell, and a 300 GPM bumper turret (CAFS). Moved to reserve status.
1992 International 4800 / Quick Attack. Replaced by the BME Brush 14.
2004 Ford F-550 4×4 / Wildcat Model 52 “Type 6” with a 125 GPM pump, 300-gallon water tank, and 12-gallon foam cell. Former Vail Fire & Emergency Services (Colorado). Reassigned as Brush 13.
1990 International 4900 / Front Range (25) with a 500 GPM pump and 2,000 gallon water tank. Sold to Colorado River Ranch and was replaced with the Alexis Fire tactical tender