Norwalk Fire Department
Norwalk Fire Department, located in Fairfield County (Connecticut) including the areas of Broad River, Cranbury & Veteran’s Memorial Park.
Norwalk Fire Department was originally started out in 1858 as the Phoenix Hose No. 1 and later changed to Phoenix Engine Company. In 1861 the Pioneer Hook and Ladder Company was organized. Phoenix volunteers decided to branch off into a separate company called the Hope Hose No. 2. The Old Well Hook and Ladder (South Norwalk Fire Department) was formed in 1874. Putnam Hose Company was formed in 1875. Mayflower Hook and Ladder was formed in 1887 and in 1888 Volunteer Hose was organized. In 1894 East Norwalk became an organized Fire District, and the Hook and Ladder Company was reorganized as Mayflower Hook, Ladder, and Hose. Reliance Hook & Ladder was formed in the 1890’s and Rowayton Hose No. 1 in 1902. Reliance Hook & Ladder disbanded in 1923. Around 1940, the Silvermine Volunteer Fire Company was established. In 1913, voters in Norwalk voted to consolidate the cities of Norwalk and South Norwalk as well as the East Norwalk Fire District, as part of the consolidation, the volunteer companies in the three departments were merged into one department as the Norwalk Fire District.
*Station 1 – Broad River
Station 2 – Central Norwalk
*Station 3 – East Norwalk
*Station 4 – Cranbury
*Station 5 – South Norwalk
*Marine Station – Veteran’s Memorial Park
*No Station Information at this time
If you want to help us update this department with photos or information, contact us here.