Setauket Fire Department

Setauket Fire Department, covering 28 square miles in Suffolk County including the areas of Centereach, East Setauket, Heatherwood, Lake Grove, Laurel Hill, Laurel Ridge Setaukett Woods Nature Preserve, Little Bay, Long Island Sound, Minasseroke Beach, Poquott, Port Jefferson, Port Jefferson Station, Sheep Pasture, Stony Brook, Strongs Neck, Strathmore, South Setauket, Terrytown & Village of Old Field.

Setauket Fire Department was established in 1909 as the East Setauket Hook and Ladder Company. The changed in 1939 to the Setauket Hook and Ladder Company # 1 and in May of that year the department was split into four companies: James H. Barr Company, Engine and Hose Company, Hook and Ladder Company, Police and Rescue Company. The name Setauket Hook and Ladder Company # 1 was changed to Setauket Fire Department in 1949. The Rescue Company was organized in 1961. Engine Company 9 was organized in 1965. On December 31st, 1989 Engine and Hose Company, James H. Barr Company and the Rescue Company were dissolved. The members of these companies joined together and formed Engine Company No. 1, which was established on January 1st, 1990.

Station 1 – East Setauket
Station 2 – Terrytown
Station 3 – Stony Brook
Official Site


If you want to help us update this department with photos or information, contact us here.