Brenham Fire Department (BFD), located in Washington County (Texas) including the areas of Brenham Municipal Airport, Fireman’s Park, Little Sandy Creek, Prairie Lea, Rolling Valley, Shadow Lawn & Terrier Hill.
Brenham Fire Department was formed in 1867 as the Brenham Hook and Ladder Company No. 1. In 1878 the Mechanics Engine Company No. 1 was formed. Brenham Hook and Ladder Company No. 2 was organized in 1882 and in 1884 the Conner Hose Company was formed. In 1911, the decision was made to disband the original fire companies and merge into one which was called the Brenham Fire Company No. 1. and later known as the Brenham Fire Department.