Station 4 – Fort Collins
Fire Station 4 is located at 1945 W. Drake Rd. and opened in 2010.
2016 Rosenbauer RBM Commander (64007) 650 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump with 30 gallons of foam.
Spartan Gladiator / LTI 95′ rear-mount aerial platform.
2016 Freightliner M2-106 4×4 / Rosenbauer Timberwolf (94071) 500 gallon water tank / 750 pump gpm pump with 30 gallons of foam, former Brush 34.
2012 Freightliner M2-106 (Mobile Air Supply Unit).
(588) Rehab Bus.
World Trade Center Steel
Thanks to the Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund (Terry Fund), Poudre Fire Authority was granted the privilege of owning one of the last pieces of a World Trade Center 9/11 (WTC) beam to be given to a community. The beam was be transferred to Poudre Fire Authority firefighters during a ceremony with representatives from the Fire Department of New York, including Rescue 4; the Terry Fund; and the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey on Wednesday, October 21 2015 at JFK Airport in New York.
The five foot long, over 3,000 pound piece of steel was part of a WTC wall. This piece of steel reside’s at Station 4 and will be placed at a permanent memorial in the park at Fire Station 3 in the future, this steel will honor the nearly 3,000 lives lost on September 11, 2001, including the 343 FDNY firefighters. The transport team included four PFA members: Bryan Hanson, Len Lindholm, Jim Salisbury, and Jim Durkin. These individuals were part of the response to the WTC to help with recovery in the days and weeks after this tragic event. The team escorted by over 100 different Emergency Service Agencies including Patriot Guard Riders and American Veterans, and was celebrated and honored as the steel passes through each town along the way. A ceremony to mark the arrival of the beam was held on Saturday, October 24, 2015 at PFA Station 4.
Terry Farrell was a father, a husband, a brother, and a dedicated firefighter who lost his life on September 11, 2001, during the World Trade Center attack. Among the 343 heroes who died that day, he was in Tower Two when it collapsed. A decorated member of Rescue 4/FDNY and chief of the Dix Hills Volunteer Fire Department, Terry was a devoted firefighter who embodied the spirit of courage and giving. The Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund was established in his memory to assist firefighters and families across the nation with financial, educational and medical support, and to provide equipment donations for fire departments in need. There are over 1.1 million firefighters in the United States. Every three days, one heroic individual gives up his or her life answering the call. Every three minutes, a firefighter is seriously injured on the job.
The Terry Fund provides much needed relief to firefighters and families facing hardship. The fund also distributes donated surplus equipment to help them do their jobs more safely and effectively. The Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund www.terryfund.org is made of up firefighters and family members who volunteer their time and energy to help fellow brothers, sisters and departments in need. The fund operates annually on a budget of 1-3% and sustains itself through fundraising and the donations of individuals, fire departments and corporate sponsors. Contributions to the fund are tax deductible.
Station 4 Historical Photos
Station 4 was located at 2030 Devonshire Drive, replaced with a new station in 2010 at a new location on W. Drake Rd.
Shown here in 2008.
Shown here in 2009.
ENGINE No. 4
1976 Ward LaFrance (80-135) 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump, also ran as Engine 2, also served with Fort Collins Fire Department, Platte River Fire Rescue Engine 1 and Ault-Pierce Fire Protection District.
Spartan / General, also ran as Reserve Engine 26.
(271) Ford F-Super Duty, also ran as Brush 9.
2002 Ford F-550 4×4.
(Mobile Air Supply Unit) 1989 Chevy C70 4×4, also ran out of Station 5.
(281) 2002 HME 4×4 / General 500 gallon water tank.