Pioneer Hook and Ladder Company Museum is located in Summit County.
The all-volunteer Breckenridge Fire Department was created in 1880, headquartered in the Fireman’s Hall. Red, White & Blue originates from three different fire companies that were organized in 1882 to protect the mining district of Breckenridge after three large fires that almost destroyed the town. The three companies were the Red: The Pioneer Hook and Ladder Company, White: The Independent Hose Company, and Blue: The Blue River Hose Company (Red, White & Blue Volunteer Fire Department). In 1947, the fire department name changed to the Breckenridge Volunteer Fire Department until 1976 when a special taxing district was officially formed renaming the department to the Red, White & Blue Fire Protection District.