Station 12 – Highlands
(District 6) Fire Station 12 is located at 2575 N. Federal Blvd. This station covers the areas of Highland Park & Jefferson Park.
DISTRICT CHIEF 6
2019 Ford F-150 4×4 XL. District Chief 6 covers Station 7, 9, 12, 17 and 20.
(E88) 2012 Pierce Velocity 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump with foam.
(T61) 2018 Pierce Velocity (32624) 107′ Ascendant heavy-duty aerial ladder.
Station 12 Historical Photos
Station 12’s history dates back to 1890 when the City of Highlands built its first and only City Hall. It was constructed at the corner of Highlands Ave. (now 26th Ave) and Ave. F (now Federal Blvd). The building was home to a post office, jail and the fire station. The building originally featured a bell tower that was used to alert the volunteer firefighters when they had a call. On June 22, 1896 the citizens of Highlands voted to become citizens of Denver. Denver Fire Department placed four paid members on combination hose / ladder / chemical rig to run out of the single bay house across the street.
ENGINE No. 4
Engine No. 4 (Horse drawn) ran out of this small single bay building at 2548 Federal Blvd. from 1896 to 1901.
In 1901, the company moved back into the old Highlands City Hall building. Later a steamer company was placed in service there and in 1911 a horse drawn truck company known as Hook and Ladder Co. 5 was added.
FIRE ALARM No. 12
Fire Station 12 shown here with Engine No. 12 (American LaFrance) and Truck No. 5 (American LaFrance), former Highlands City Hall. The rigs were originally Engine Company 12 and Truck Company 5, before changing to Engine No. 12 and Truck No. 12. when in 1925 Chief Healy ordered that all existing engine & truck companies change ID numbers to correspond with the stations that they were housed in.
ENGINE No. 12
TRUCK No. 12
1955 Seagrave (F-4645) 85′ mid-mount aerial ladder.
The old Highlands City Hall was demolished to make way for the current Station 12 on the same location. During construction Engine 12 was relocated to Station 6 and Truck 12 was relocated to Station 7. On June 28, 1967 the new station was placed in service. Station 12 shown here with Truck 12, Tele-Squrt 12 and Chief 6.
Shown here in 1974.
ENGINE No. 12
1964 Mack C 300 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump.
(T-17) 1967 Seagrave (800KA-100 / Q-4181) 100′ mid-mount aerial ladder, also ran as Truck 4.
(E-51) 1977 American LaFrance Century (CE-14-5645) 50′ TeleSqurt 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump, also known as Squirt 12.
1992 Seagrave 100′ rear-mount aerial ladder.
Shown here with the newer graphics and logo.
1994 Pierce Saber 500 gallon water tank.
2012 Pierce Velocity 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump with foam, shown here without the company logo.
Fire Station 12 at the current location on N. Federal Blvd, shown here with the older bay doors.
(T47) 2004 Pierce Lance 105′ rear-mount aerial ladder.
Shown here with the American Flag in the grill.
DISTRICT CHIEF 6
(A627) 2013 Ford Expedition 4×4.