Station 5 – Glendale
(District 3) Fire Station 5 is located at 999 S. Clermount St. and is the former Glendale Fire Department Fire Station. The station bays were originally on the east side, and were moved to the south side of the building.
Station 5 Historical Photos
In 1896 Steamer 5 and Water Tower 1 were relocated to this station at 1817 Blake St.
ENGINE Co No. 5
Engine Co. No. 5 shown here at 1817 Blake St. in 1921.
On January 1, 1923 the company was relocated to 1331 19th St. at Market, a co-location with the DFD repair shop (Denver Fire Line Shop) and used to repair communication equipment in the fire units. This firehouse remained in service until 1971 when Engine Company 5 moved to Station 3 and became Engine Company 3.
Shown here with Tow Truck No. 1.
After being disbanded for 9 years Station 5 reorganized on October 15, 1979 at 10815 W. Alamo Pl. in a newly annexed portion of Denver. This area was previously covered by the Bancroft Fire Protection District and on January 1, 1981 the City of Denver de-annexed due to the Poundstone Amendment, and at that time Station 5 was once again disbanded.
1989 Pierce Lance 500 gallon water tank 1250 gpm pump with 35 gallons of foam, served as a Glendale Fire Department Engine 112. This unit was relabeled with DFD graphics and assigned as a reserve engine before being sold.
1993 Pierce Lance 75′ aerial ladder 300 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump. Former Glendale Fire Department Quint 111 and was relabeled with DFD graphics and ran as a reserve truck. Also assigned to the Rocky Mountain Fire Academy (Denver Fire Training Center) and currently Northeast Teller County Fire Protection District Truck 1.
Shown here at the current location in 2016, the building went through a full restoration, and was originally built in 1922.
Pierce Enforcer 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump.