Station 56 – Allendale
Fire Station 56 is located at 6503 Simms Street, dedicated in 1975, renovation in 2013 and a second floor was added above the station bays in 2015.
(L-0004) 2009 Pierce Quantum (21261) 95′ mid-mount aerial platform 300 gallon water tank / 2000 gpm pump, with dual master streams which that can flow 4000 gpm total, also ran as Truck 6 & Truck 56. Currently Truck 6 is being refurbished at Fire Truck Unlimited.
2015 Ford F-450 4×4 XLT Super Duty / 2016 LifeLine Paraliner (RMEV), shown here with the bulldog logo.
(T-0001) 2008 Bauer (Mobile Air Trailer) air compressor used to refill SCBA bottles that fire fighters wear on their backs. Air 56 has a four bottle cascade system that stores air at pressure of 6000 psi. The system uses normal outside air that is dehumidified and pressurized. The unit is self-contained and can operate on a diesel motor or an electric motor. The flexibility of a mobile unit allows for use at multiple locations or on site for long duration incidents, also ran as Air 54.
Station 56 Historical Photos
Fire Station 6 located at 6503 Simms Street, the site was purchased by the district December 28th 1971, dedicated in 1975 and renovation in 2013. The District’s dispatch center was also in the building which moved and is now part of Jefferson County Communications Center Authority (JeffCom). Station 6 was also the site of District administration until 2008 when a new headquarters building was purchased.
Shown here in 2004.
Shown here in 2009.
Shown here in 2019.
PUMPER No. 6
Pierce Dash 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump.
Shown here as Truck 6.
2001 Ford F-550 4×4 Super Duty 250 gallon water tank with department built compartments, also ran as Brush 4 and Brush 53.
(E-0008) 2007 Pierce Contender 750 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump, currently Engine 53.
(L-0004) 2009 Pierce Quantum (21261) 95′ mid-mount aerial platform 300 gallon water tank / 2000 gpm pump, with dual master streams which that can flow 4000 gpm total, also ran as Truck 6 and currently Tower 56.