Capital City Fire /Rescue (CCFR), covering 3255 square miles in City and Borough of Juneau (Alaska) including the areas of Auke Bay, Auke Lake, Bear Creek, Back Loop, Cope Park, Diamond Park, Douglas, Douglas Harbor, Douglas Island, Dry Creek Trail, Eagle Creek, Fritz Cove, Gastineau Channel, Glacier, Glacier Gardens, Gold Creek, Gold Creek Valley, Impregnable Basin, Juneau, Juneau International Airport, Kowee Creek, Lemon Creek, Lena Beach, Lewson Creek, Lynn Canal, Mendenhall Lake, Mendenhall Valley, Mountain Goat Ridge, North Douglas, Nugget Falls, Outer Point Loop Trail, Peterson Creek, Rainforest Trail. Savikko Park, St. Terese, Thane, Tongass National Forest, Treadwell, University of Alaska Southeast & West Juneau.
Capital City Fire /Rescue was first organized in 1887 as the Juneau Fire Association with Hose Company Number # 1 and Hook and Ladder Company # 1. In 1899 the Juneau Volunteer Fire Department was founded. The local population increased in size and spread further out, other fire companies formed and sprouted up in the area including the Douglas Fire Department in 1898, the private fire company at the Treadwell Mine, and the Auke Bay Volunteer Fire Department in 1952. In 1992 all of the fire companies in the Juneau area, including the Auke Bay Volunteer Fire Department, Douglas Volunteer Fire Department, Glacier Fire District, Juneau Fire Department and Lynn Canal Volunteer Fire Department merged into the Capital City Fire/Rescue.
Station 1 – Downtown Juneau
*Station 2 – Douglas
*Station 3 – Glacier/Airport
*Station 4 – Auke Bay
*Station 5 – Lynn Canal
*No Station Information at this time
If you want to help us update this department with photos or information, contact us here.