Station 1 – Lakewood
Fire Station 1 is located at 6401 W. 14th Ave. and built in 1975, and is the former Lakewood Fire Department Station 1. This is West Metro’s busiest station located one block off of Colfax Ave, known as the Colfax Corridor. This Station serves the areas of the northeast portion of Lakewood. Station 1 is bordered to the east by Sheridan Boulevard and extends north to 26th Avenue. This area includes part of the RTD light rail line, Lakewood Country Club, The Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, JCRS Isaac Solomon Synagogue and Colorado’s landmark restaurant Casa Bonita including the following areas of Edgewater, Glen Creighton, Grand View Acres, Kawanee Gardens, Lakewood Gardens, Norwood & Wheat Ridge. The originally Station 1 was located at 6885 W. Colfax Ave. and served as the Lakewood-Mountair Fire Department Station 1.
The bench is located on the eastside of the station, and was created by sculptor Austin Weishel and fabricator Tim Driscoll, both West Metro Firefighters, picked by former Station 1 captain Travis Hopwood to build the bench featuring custom bronze work. The bench is a collaboration between the City of Lakewood and West Metro Fire Rescue, with funding provided by the Neighborhood Participation Program and was dedicated on June 24th 2016.
(P74) 2018 Pierce Velocity (31309) with 1250 gpm pump, 500 gallon water tank, with foam (Husky).
(A49) 2016 Ford E-450 4×4 / LifeLine Superliner (RMEV).
(A51) 2017 Ford E-450 4×4 / LifeLine Superliner (RMEV).
(C-139) 2018 Ford F-150 4×4 XL (Safety & Medical).
Station 1 Historical Photos
Fire Station 1 at the current located on 14th Ave. and built in 1975. The original Station 1 was located at 6885 W. W. Colfax Ave. & Pierce St. and was former site of the Lakewood-Mountair Fire Department Station 1 and Lakewood Fire Department Station 1.
Shown here in 2004.
Shown here in 2009.
Shown here in 2017.
Shown here in 2018.
Shown here in 2019.
Shown here in 2020 before the newer paint.
(P-21) 1991 KME 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump, twin to Engine 6 (P-22) & Engine 4 (P-23), also ran as Engine 5 and Engine 19 (Training).
Ford 4×4 / Wheeled Coach.
(P54) 2005 Pierce Quantum (16503) 500 gallon water tank, also ran as Engine 13, Engine 14 and Engine 8.
(P43) 1999 Pierce Quantum (EC222) 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump with 20 gallons of foam (FoamPro), also ran as Engine 4, Engine 13, Engine 14 & Engine 16, this was the first Quantum purchased by West Metro.
(A23) Ford E-450 4×4 Super Duty, also ran as Ambulance 4.
(A30) 2005 Ford F-450 4×4 (9239) / LifeLine, also ran as Event Medic 18 and currently ARM 3.
(A37) 2009 Chevy C4500 4×4 / LifeLine Highliner, also ran as Medic 1 and Medic 5, currently Medic 2 out of Station 3.
(A32) 2002 Ford E-450 4×4 / LifeLine, also ran as Medic 2 & Medic 6.
(A33) Ford 4×4.
(A39) 2009 Chevy C4500 4×4 / LifeLine Highliner, former Medic 2.
(P60) 2009 Pierce Quantum (21475) 500 gallon water tank / 1250 gpm pump with 25 gallons of foam, also ran as Engine 14 and currently Engine 17.