Lakewood-Mountair Station 1
Station 1 – Mountair
Fire Station 1 located at 6885 W. W. Colfax Ave. & Pierce St. and and construction began in 1937 using volunteer labor. This station also served as the Lakewood Fire Department (Colorado) Station 1 and then was moved in 1975 to 6401 W. 14th Ave. and is currently West Metro Fire Rescue (Colorado) Station 1.
TRUCK No. 1
1938 International / Howe 250 gpm pump and 500 gallon water tank, nicknamed as “Booger Red”, the first truck purchased by the district. and cost $4,608. This truck later joined the Denver Federal Center Fire Department (Colorado). Shown here in front of Station 1 before the addition.
Shown here with the addition to the station with Engine No. 1 (1956 Seagrave), later Lakewood Fire Department (Colorado) Engine No. 1.
Station 1 was was also the former site of the Lakewood Fire Department (Colorado) Station 1. This station was moved to a new location at 6401 W. 14th Ave. in 1975 and currently West Metro Fire Rescue (Colorado) Station 1.