Station 1 – Hidden Creek
Fire Station 1 (District 1) is located at 3948 W. 73rd Ave. and centrally located in the south end of the city, and is the oldest area of the city. Station 1 was originally built as part of the city government complex, on the same site. As the city grew, a new city hall was built several blocks away, and the fire station was rebuilt in 1969 at the current location. Station 1 has undergone several remodels, including the west side of the station added in 1976, an overhaul in 1988 when fire administration moved to the new city hall. Remodeled in 1993 and additional remodeling in 2004.
The statue was placed in 2003 to honor the service of volunteer firefighters that served from 1934 to 2000.
(5133) 2010 Pierce Velocity 1500 gpm pump, 500 gallon water tank with foam, CAFS engine.
(5216) Ford E-450 4×4 Super Duty / MedTec.
Station 1 Historical Photos
Fire Station 1 shown here at the current location on W. 73rd Ave. and built in 1969, west side of the station was added on in 1976, and shown here before the remodeled in 1993.
1936 Custom Fire Wagon was built by Elmer Olson with a group of men, the four-wheel fire wagon was built with parts off of a 1924 fire cart and a chassis from a Ford Model-T. This was originally located in a garage at 75th Ave. & Bradburn Blvd. In 1939 it was moved on 73rd Ave. between Bradburn Blvd. and Osceola St. in a water well structure, which was expanded over the years, and becoming the original Westminster City Center Complex. Torn down in 1968 and a new fire station was built on the same location that opened in 1969. The Fire Wagon was retired in the early 1940’s and also spend time at the Pillar of Fire School for their fire protection before returning back to the fire department.
CHEMICAL No. 1
1923 Kelly, former Denver Fire Department.
ENGINE No. 1
1940 Dodge, shown here on the north side of the Station 1 facing W. 73rd Ave.
ENGINE No. 1
1942 Dodge / Oren / Darley.
PUMPER No. 1
(13) 1956 Seagrave (530BH/ J-5155) / Costello 750 gpm pump with 500 gallon water tank. Served at Station 1 from 1956 to 1961, relocated to Station 2 and ran as a reserve in the 1970’s and taken out of service in the early 1980’s, currently used for parades and events.
(P-11) 1976 Ward LaFrance (80-1284) 1250 gpm pump with 750 gallon water tank.
(P-14) 1979 Seagrave (PB-25068 / J-73893) 1500 gpm pump with 500 gallon water tank.
1982 Mack CF (CF612F15-1021) 1500 gpm pump with 500 gallon water tank, also ran as Pumper 4 & Engine 6.
(L-22) 1982 Seagrave (WR-54765 / M-75347) 100′ rear-mount aerial 1250 gpm pump with 300 gallon water tank.
(05) 1980 GMC 4000 4×4 / Indiana 250 gpm pump with 250 gallon water tank.
(04) 1980 GMC 6000 / Indiana 500 gpm pump with 250 gallon water tank, also ran as Squad 1.
(5208) Ford 4×4 Super Duty / AEV.
Chevy 3500 4×4.
(5112) 1995 Pierce Lance “Engalance” (E-9061) 1250 gpm pump (Waterous) with 500 gallon water tank, also ran as Engine and Engine 5. This was designed to be part engine and ambulance, a pram (stretcher) is located in the back of the cab, but was never used as an ambulance for transport.
(5118) 2001 Pierce Quantum 1250 gpm pump (Waterous), 500 gallon water tank with 20 gallons of foam (FoamPro) CAFS engine. Sold to Hualapai Dept. of Emergency Services.