Denver Station 2

Station 2 – Gateway

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(District 5) Fire Station 2 is located at 53rd & Memphis St.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

DISTRICT CHIEF 5

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2013 Ford Expedition 4×4. District Chief 5 covers Station 2, 14, 26, 27, 29 and 39.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

TRUCK 2

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(T52) 2009 Pierce Velocity 105′ rear-mount aerial ladder 300 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 301

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2014 International 7400 MaxxForce 4×4 / Pierce (27356) 500 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump (Darley) with 30 gallons of foam (Husky).

MOBILE AIR TRAILER

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(S45) Bauer Breathing Air Trailer, former Englewood Fire Department Mobile Air Trailer 22.

Station 2 Historical Photos

Station 2

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

The original Station 2 was opened on January 1, 1885 at 1000 W. Colfax Ave.

HOSE CART 2

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Station 2

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Fire Station 2 was located at 930 9th Street at Mariposa, after the he original fire station was torn down, opened August 17, 1929. A Sutuz 4 cylinder combination hose, chemical & turret truck was in service initially. Then on December 1, 1929 Rescue Squad 2 was placed in service with a 1929 American LaFrance rescue and salvage truck.

SQUAD 2

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

One of the first rescue squads at the DFD, a 1929 American LaFrance.

SQUAD No. 2

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

1949 Seagrave, a second Rescue & Salvage Company was also in service at the time, Rescue Squad 4. The city was split in half for Rescue coverage and Squad 2 responded to every rescue and working fire south of Downtown, while Squad 4 took the north side.

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

Duane Troxel Photo ©

Shown here in 1974 in the bay at Station 27 where it was being housed as a reserve.

ENGINE 2

Duane Troxel Photo ©

1964 Mack C 300 gallon water tank / 1000 gpm pump.

SQUAD 2

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

1965 Ford F-700 with body work by the DFD Shops. This unit later ran at Stapleton Airport as the Airport Rescue Squad.

RESCUE SQUAD 2

Photo Courtesy of Denver Fire Department Museum

1973 Mack CF600 / Gerstenslager. In 1975 Station 1 and 2 consolidated at the new station at 745 W. Colfax Ave. The “Big House” and was home Chief 2, Engine 2, Squirt 1, Truck 1. The Squad was re-designated as Rescue Squad 1 in 1976 and later moved to Station 8 as Rescue Squad 8.

ENGINE 2

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Engine 2 (E-48) 1974 Ward LaFrance (80-1060) 500 gallon water tank / 1500 gpm pump.

UNDER WATER RECOVERY UNIT

Duane Troxel Photo ©

International / Step Van.