Castlewood Fire Protection District

Castlewood Fire Protection District, founded on October 25th, 1951 in Arapahoe County.

In 1986, Castle Pines Fire Department and North Central Douglas County Fire Protection District joined Castlewood. Cherry Hills Fire Department joined in 1989. Due to its growing district size, Castlewood changed its name to South Metro Fire Rescue on December 31st, 1998.

Castlewood Fire Protection District was a member of the Tri-County Volunteer Firemen’s Association, and originally called Castlewood Volunteer Fire Department. The first paid members were in 1964, and Castlewood Volunteer Fire Department was dissolved in 1979.

Station 1 – Greenwood Village
Station 2 – Castlewood
Station 3 – Castlewood
Station 4 – Acres Green
Station 5 – Centennial Airport
Station 6 – Castle Pines
Station 7 – Greenwood Village
Station 8 – Cherry Hills
Station 9 – Castle Pines