Arvada Station 1

Station 1 – Olde Town

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Fire Station 1 (Station 51) is located at 7900 West 57th Ave. in the Olde Town Arvada. Built in 1952 and opened in 1953. Station 1 protects the southeast area of Arvada and northeast Wheat Ridge, north of Clear Creek protecting the oldest part of Arvada, two railroad lines, Gold Line light rail line & station, and the I-70 & I-76 interchange. This station is scheduled for a replacement in the next ten years.

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 51

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2022 Pierce Velocity (36358) with a 1,500 GPM pump (Pierce PUC Midship), 750-gallon water tank, and 30-gallon (Husky) foam cell.

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

MEDIC 51

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

(A-0014) 2020 Ram 5500 SLT 4×4 / MedTec (25261-?) / Fire Trucks Unlimited Remount (1993).

Photo courtesy of Erik Marquez

Station 1 Historical Photos

Station 1

Michael Block Photo ©

Fire Station 1 is located at 7900 West 57th Ave. in the Olde Town. The site for the station was purchased by the district in 1951, construction started in 1952 and opened in 1953. In 1964 the full station was torn down and replaced with a 2-story garden level building. March of 1967 the east bay with the hose tower was added. In 1999, a renovation to the garden level of the building was made so that the station could house career firefighters.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Shown here in 2004.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Shown here in 2009.

ENGINE No. 1

Tom Wojtaszek Photo ©

Arvada’s first motorized fire engine was this 1923 Dodge / Graham Brothers. Purchased and modified from the Julius Pearce Fire Supply Company in Denver in 1924, and added a chemical engine. The original chemical tanks were sold in 1942 and the truck remained in service as a hose wagon at Station 1 until 1968, nicknamed “Old Dodge”.

Rick Davis Photo ©

Michael Block Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

PUMPER No. 1

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Seagrave (Parade Pumper).

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 106

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

1965 Ford C850 / General Safety (23659) 750 gpm pump with 400 gallon water tank, also ran as Reserve Engine 4

ENGINE 107

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

1971 Mack CF (CF611F10-1371) 1000 gpm pump with 300 gallon water tank, also ran as Pumper 1 & Engine 1.

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Dennis Maag Photo ©

Shown here as Pumper 1.

SQURT 101

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

1980 Mack CF (CF686F12-1386) 55′ TeleSqurt 1250 gpm pump with 500 gallon water tank, also ran as Squrt 1.

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

Shown here running as Squrt 1.

Michael Block Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Shown here as Squirt 1, and with the newer logo and stripe.

SQUAD 1

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

1976 Ford F-700 4×4 / Super Vac (SVI).

SQUAD 1

Shaun Ryan Photo ©

1984 Chevy C70 4×4 / Can-Am (SE-586) 500 gpm pump with 500 gallon water tank.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Shown here with the newer logo and blue stripe, also ran as Deer Mountain Fire Protection District Rescue 2.

PUMPER No. 1

Rick Davis Photo ©

(E8387) 1994 Pierce Dash 1250 gpm pump, 500 gallon water tank with 20 gallons of foam (FoamPro), former Engine 1.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Shown here with the newer logo and blue stripe.

Michael Block Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Shown here running as Engine 1.

BRUSH 1

Rick Davis Photo ©

1997 Dodge Ram 3500 4×4 75 gpm pump with 250 gallon water tank, also ran as Brush 7.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 1

Rick Luebke Photo ©

2003 American LaFrance Eagle 1500 gpm pump, 500 gallon water tank with foam.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 1

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(E-0005) 1999 Pierce Dash (ED227) 1500 gpm pump (Waterous), 750-gallon water tank, and 20-gallon foam cell. Former Engine 2 and Engine 5. Refurbished by Fire Trucks Unlimited, later assigned to Engine 57 and currently a reserve engine.

MEDIC 51

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(Medic 1) 2012 Ford F-450 4×4 / MedTec (25261-?)

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

MEDIC 51

Charles Broshous Photo ©

(A-0007) 2015 Ford F-450 4×4 / Lifeline Paraliner (379015)

Rick Luebke Photo ©

ENGINE 51

Rick Luebke Photo ©

(E-0011) 2012 Pierce Saber (25506) with a 1,500 GPM pump (Waterous), 750-gallon water tank, and 30-gallon foam cell.

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Rick Luebke Photo ©

Older / Other Logos