Station 5 – Denver West
Fire Station 5 is located at 14055 W. 20th Ave. in Golden, dedicated in 2011 and is the former site of the Lakewood-Mountair Fire Department (Colorado) Station 5 and Lakewood Fire Department (Colorado) Station 5. Station 5 is bordered by Clear Creek on the north, Colfax Avenue on the south, Union Street on the east and Quaker Street on the west. Station 5’s response area includes the National Renewable Energy Campus (NREL), portions of the Coors Facility and Applewood, Denver West, Golden, Maple Grove, Rolling Hills Country Club and I-70. This station has a dual-response with the Pleasant View Fire District (Colorado) and also with Station 6.
(P58) 2007 Pierce Quantum (19519-01) 1250 GPM pump, 500 gallon water tank and 25 gallon foam cell. Twin to Engine 12. Former Engine 10.
(A56) 2019 Ford F-450 4×4 XLT Super Duty (17123) / Life Line Superliner-Remount (353414).
(P48) 2000 Ford F-550 4×4 XL Super Duty (30716) / AlumLine with a skid-unit 125 GPM pump, 300 gallon water tank and18 gallons of foam. Former Brush 9 and also ran as Brush 6 and Brush 13.
(R-10) 2004 Spartan Gladiator-Evolution / SVI walk-around (Heavy Rescue). Former Rescue 8, Rescue 10 and Rescue 14. This unit responds in tandem with Hazmat 2 from Station 2 for Decon support.
Station 5 Historical Photos
Former Station 5 was located at 14055 W. 20th Ave. and built in 1967. This station was originally Lakewood-Mountair Fire Department (Colorado) Station 5 and served as Lakewood Fire Department (Colorado) Station 5 from 1964 to 1991 and then merged with Bancroft Fire Protection District (Colorado) and served as Lakewood-Bancroft Fire Protection District (Colorado) until 1995 when they changed to West Metro Fire Rescue. This station was replaced with a new station at the same location in 2011. This station originally was within the boundaries of the Applewood Fire Protection District, before joining Lakewood Fire Department in 1963.
Shown here in 2004.
Shown here in 2009.
Temporary Station 5
Station 5 was relocated to 14055 W. 20th Ave. while the new station was being built. This station was located behind the strip mall at W. 20th Ave. & Yank Ct.
(P-21) 1991 KME Renegade 1250 GPM pump and 500 gallon water tank, twin to Engine 6 (P-22) & Engine 4 (P-23), also ran as Engine 1 and Engine 19 (Training).
(P44) 1999 Pierce Quantum (ED469) 1250 GPM pump and 500 gallon water tank. Former Engine 4 and Engine 6.
Engine 5 is a tribute to the members of FDNY Squad 288, Haz-Mat 1 & the firefighters in Maspeth, Queens that were lost on 9/11. That company lost 19 firefighters, the most of any firehouse in New York.
(R07) 1998 Freightliner / Grumman Olson, also ran as the Rehab-MCI unit out of Station 10.
(A34) 2006 Ford E-450 (6435) / Life Line Superliner, Former Medic 13, Event Medic 20, and Reserve Medic.
(A37) 2009 Chevy C4500 4×4 (402086) / Life Line Highliner (272909). Former Medic 1 and also ran as Medic 2 and Medic 5.
(A40) 2009 Chevy C4500 4×4 (412626) / Life Line Highliner (284909), also ran as Medic 3, Medic 7, Medic 8, Medic 12 and Medic 9.
2009 Polaris Ranger 6×6. Became UTV 9.
(A45) 2014 Ford F-450 4×4 Super Duty (35732) / Life Line Superliner (353414). Former Medic 8 and also ran as Medic 4.
(R-05) 1993 Spartan Gladiator / SVI walk-around (Heavy Rescue). Former Lakewood-Bancroft Fire Protection District (Colorado) Rescue 10 and West Metro Rescue 10.
(P53) 2004 Piece Quantum (15442) 1250 GPM pump, 500 gallon water tank and 20 gallons of foam. Former Engine 3 and also ran as Engine 6 and became a reserve.