Boulder Fire-Rescue Department (BFRD), founded in 1875 and covering 25 square miles in Boulder County including the areas of Arapahoe Ridge, Carpenter, Chautauqua, Dakota Ridge, Flagstaff, Frasier Meadows, Glenwood Grove, Gunbarrel, Keewayden, Kohler, Leanin’ Tree, Mapleton Hill, Meadow Glen, Melody Heights, Newlands, Noble Park, Park East, Parkside, Pearl Street Mall, Sale Lake, Shanahan, Table Mesa, University of Colorado, Valmont, Whittier, Wonderland Hills & Wonderland Lake. (FDID # 01315)
The Boulder Hook & Ladder Company No. 1 was organized in 1875, fire equipment was pulled by hand. In 1877 the A.J. Macky Hose Company No. 2 was formed, East Boulder Hose Company No. 3 in 1878 and Highland Hose Company in 1878. By 1898, horses pulled the department’s four-hose companies. By 1913, all equipment was mechanized, and in 1915, the last of the volunteer companies in the city disbanded. North St. Vrain Volunteer Fire Department joined the district on a unknown date, located at 840 16th St.
Boulder Fire-Rescue District is part of Boulder County Hazmat Authority.
Boulder Fire-Rescue District is dispatched by Boulder Police & Fire Communications.
Station 1 – Central Boulder
Station 2 – University Hill
Station 3 – Boulder
Station 4 – South Boulder
Station 5 – North Boulder
Station 6 – Gunbarrel
Station 7 – Arapahoe Ridge
Station 8 – Wildland Station
Command / Support
If you want to help us update this department with photos or information, contact us here.