Loveland Fire Rescue Authority (LFRA), founded in 1911 covering 286 square miles in Larimer County (Colorado) including the areas of Alexander Mountain, Big Thompson Canyon-East, Barnes Park, Boyd Lake, Buckhorn, Carter Lake-North, Cattail Creek, Centerra, Cedar Cove, Cedar Park, Cedar Springs, Cedar Valley, Drake, Edmondson, Glen Comfort, Green Ridge, Johnstown, Kennel Club, Knobcone, Kroh Park, Lake Loveland, Mariana Butte, Masonville, Mehaffey, Midway, Northern Colorado Regional Airport, Olympus Heights, Orchards, Palisade Mountain, Roosevelt National Forest, Storm Mountain, Walt Clark, Waltonia & Westerdoll.
Loveland was originally established in 1883 as the Bartholf Hose Company, on July 8, 1887, the Board of Trustees approved a motion to form the Loveland Hook & Ladder Company No. 1, both companies functioned almost totally separately even though they shared the same firehouse that was built in 1890. In 1911 the Loveland Fire Department was authorized with the merge of the Bartholf Hose Company and Loveland Hook & Ladder No. 1. In 1950, the Loveland Rural Fire Protection District was formed. Loveland Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1963. In 1968 the Big Thompson Canyon Fire Department (FDID # 06915) was formed. In 1994 the Loveland Fire & Rescue Department was formed.
In 2012, the City of Loveland and the Loveland Rural Fire Protection District entered into an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) which established the Loveland Fire Rescue Authority.
In 2016, the City of Loveland and Loveland Rural Fire District apparatus transferred to the Loveland Fire Rescue Authority, and in 2017 all City of Loveland Fire Department employees became Loveland Fire Rescue Authority employees.
Loveland Fire Rescue Authority is dispatched by Loveland Emergency Communications Center.